Running and Chasing

I'm trying to write again, but somehow I just can't do it. I no longer feel inspired by my own writing, pretty much to even like it. My writing back then was filled with grammatical errors, mind you, not that I'm proficient enough now, but the way I write was, better I think. I don't know why, I really don't

Maybe it's because how I perceive the world today is different from back then? How what I feel today is different from back then? I've changed a lot, it's been such a revolution, and somehow it has also changed the way I write things. I hate it, I no longer find my writing is of any pleasure to even myself

We keep running, and we keep chasing
There's a big gap, a big hole inside of us
We desperately try to fill it
With everything we see worthy
With everything we just take by chance
And still, nothing seems to be good enough

We search, and we search
We glance towards the sky
We bow down to the earth
We see and we wonder
We realize

We keep running, and we keep chasing
There's a big gap, a big hole inside of us
And we realize, who made the big hole inside of us
As wide as the ocean at the beach
As large as the sky up there
As gigantic as the sun and the moon
As enormous as the universe itself
Our eyes can fathom such greatness
Why can't our heart bear similar magnitude?

Maybe we are not looking up there high enough
Maybe we are not looking down there humble enough
Maybe we are too concerned with people beside us and not beyond
Remember, what is our true purpose here in this world
The One we need the most close to our hearts
The things that we keep on forgetting

No comments:

Post a Comment